If you have an incoming call while you’re already on the line, the Call Waiting feature will alert you. You may then put the first party on hold while you catch your second call. It will greatly reduce missed calls due to a busy phone!
Here’s How Your Call Waiting Feature Alerts You
• A beep tone tells you another call is waiting. Only you hear this tone.
• Another reminder tone will be heard 10 seconds later if the waiting call remains unanswered.
• The second caller hears the normal ringing tone only.
To answer the Second Call
• Depress the switchhook/plunger/flash key for about one second to place your first call on hold.
• You will automatically be connected with the second caller.
To Alternate Between Calls
• By depressing the switchhook/plunger/flash key for about a second, you may alternate between calls.
• Each conversation is private and cannot be heard by the other caller.
To Terminate Either Call
• Simply hang up.
• Your telephone will then ring.
• When you answer it, you’ll be connected with the other caller.
Cancel Call Waiting
Allows you to temporarily cancel the Call Waiting signal. Before you make your call, lift the receiver, if you have a push-button phone, depress the star button (*) then 70, if you have a rotary phone dial 1170. Then dial the phone number. Anyone calling your number will get a busy signal. Cancel Call Waiting is automatically terminated after each call. (This service is not available in all areas.)